UPDATES
- Future posts include Start with basics, No quick fix, Charging for plastic bags, Water shortages
- Related blogs added in sidebar to allow further reading (12th August)
- Feedback form added at bottom of sidebar (16th August)

Friday, 7 August 2009

Take Action...What's it all about?

Hello, I thought I'd start by explaining what I want to achieve with this blog. The title, "Take Action for Future", simply means acting now as reasonably intelligent humans to make our society sustainable for the future. I feel many people don't seem to want to take responsibility for protecting the environment. Maybe they don't feel its in their interest or maybe they think what effect could I have on it. Well if saving the planet isn't your thing then rephrase it to saving ourselves. The problems we cause now are only going to create worse situations for us in the future. Unfortunately there are limits on resources and space so we need to become sustainable and we need to do it now.

To give it to you straight it is in everyones interest as we all are part of the environment and we can have an effect if we all work together. In this blog I wish to encourage discussion about such issues that effect the environment (sorry I mean effect us all) and come up with plans of action.

I'll leave it there for today but will write again soon. I'm looking forward to some smart discussions and I'm sure we will all gain some decent knowledge along the way. Lets take action!
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Peter! I'm also interested in Sustainable Future. I've added your blog to my reading list too.

    Have a nice day!

    Daisy - from The Green Changemakers

    ReplyDelete